Looks as tho I forgot the finale of training. Let's see...we started the day at 7 AM! Yikes. I had to drag my butt out of bed at 5:30 to get ready and drive across town in time. I think it was this day, the trainer had us do a catepillar drill. You'll have to just ask me about it b/c it's way too complicated to explain in words - simply a crazy way to wake up. Then onto bar work with the class. We had lots of time to practice our new track, and presented in the morning. Lots of learning about Les Mills (I now say that with an Australian accent), and what it takes to be an instructor...the 5 key elements again, more ways to say 2 and 2, 2 by 2, cut it in half, etc. We talked about what is involved going forward with training...team teaching, the video
process; basically, what happens when we leave the training environment. A break for lunch, more time to practice our track, more education, and then the final presentation, immediately followed by our results, and that's it! Honestly, it was a bit uneventful at the end. There were no tears, a few hugs...mostly it seemed that once people got their results, they bolted. But there were so many of us locally, it's not like I didn't form any bonds with anyone. So, it's all good.
But here's the real update::::::::::
Today, May 28th, I team taught; with the microphone! Talk about nerves...I was in tears on the way to the gym and got there an hour early, jumped on the treadmill and listed to the track I had to present about 6 times. Glad to say I didn't mess up the choreography, and was told that I had great cueing and coaching. I have no recollection of anything that I said. I hear that's typical. Next Wednesday, there will be two tracks to teach. Let's keep building and getting better, stronger, faster!



3 comments:
You go GIRL!!! CONGRATS!!!
That is fabulous! I am so proud of you!
Oh my gosh I am so happy for you!!!!! What a wonderful goal that you have pushed yourself to achieve and have now accomplished it! I wish I was there to take your class. Miss you! You deserve a day at the spa!
Post a Comment