Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's almost over

School, that is. I'm excited about not having to write checks for tuition each month. I'm excited about not having to pack lunches twice a week. I'm excited about the option of staying home in our jammies all day. I'm anxious about keeping the boys busy every day and not losing my mind while Daddy is out of town. At least for this week, I will get one break - Tuesday. L has a field trip on Thursday - my other free morning, so it's not a free morning this week. I will relish in my last free Tuesday until September. :)

And a busy week it turns out to be:
Monday:
Visit to Gold's gym Colonnade at 1:00 for an NBC group X taping. Little bit of Vive, Pump and Crunk. I've never done crunk dancing. I really can't do much more than step side to side, but then we only live once! Soccer practice at 5.
Tuesday:
Free morning - doctor visit in the afternoon. This should be interesting with both kids present.
Wednesday:
teaching at 9:30, home for a shower, pick up L from school, then off to the scholastic book fair.
Thursday:
R's last day of school. Water fun day, pizza party. I need to remember to get that fruit tray. L's big end of the year field trip to the Heart of Dixie RR. Shhhh...we can't tell R! Soccer practice at 5.
Friday:
teaching at Noon. L's last day of school. His teacher has told me it's just a fun day. They will practice for graduation in the morning and then just play the rest of the day. I'll pick him up early and take him to the "big red slide gym" with me. Graduation at 7.
Saturday:
Soccer game in the morning - the last one of the season. Awards handed out at DQ. Birthday party in the afternoon. Helena Farmer's Market at Buck Creek is supposed to open!!! No idea when I'll have time to visit that unless it's at 7:00 am.
Sunday:
a pure day of rest!

The week of the 18th - teach twice and an allergy appt. That's it. Amazing how life can go from warp speed to standing still in the blink of an eye.

So what does the summer hold: a quick trip to Kansas, riding bikes at the park, swimming (the boys have swim lessons in June), hopefully a camping trip and a visit to either Chattanooga or Baton Rouge, a few visits to the zoo, maybe even a trip to Alabama Adventures, summer "school" - I purchased some workbooks to do with the boys every day - gotta keep the learning up to speed...oh yeah, and then there is the summer reading program at the library. That was so much fun last year. Hot, hot, hot, but fun. Whew!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh! Oh! can I come watch you get all crunk!? I'd pay. Really! You know you are so much braver than me.