I've had this thought in my mind for three months. I need accountability in my life in order for me to get anything done. If it was only me in my world, well, I'm very lazy and would rather someone else do everything for me. Perhaps I should have been born into royalty. But whatever. So, I'm having a tough time losing this bulge around my middle...really all the excess weight from head to toe - it's sliding off at a snails pace.
I'm told that since I'm a group fitness instructor that I am considered an athlete now. Wow...really? Athletes treat their bodies as temples and take care of them. This athlete doesn't do that. I have participates in my classes that are losing more weight at a faster pace than I am, and we celebrate those accomplishments. I am so happy for them. And after all, as instructors, we are always told to have the mindset that our classes are for the participants, not for us. But at the same time, we are to be role models for our participants. The only thing I'm role modeling is the amount of weight I can lift and push.
So starting today, I will make this weight loss journey a public one, so that I can have some sense of accountability to someone.
November 2007, Gold's Gym of Pelham opened and I weighed 222.
January 2008, I had a light bulb moment that I can teach BodyPump. It will be my thing.
May 2008, went to a three day BodyPump training.
August 2008, received my first class: Wednesday 9:30 am.
October 2008, was asked to fill in the Friday 5:15 abs class and 5:30 BodyPump class for an instructor going out on medical leave. We now team teach that class, and she is a HUGE inspiration to me.
April 2009, have slowly lost weight over the course of the above events and as of today weigh 210. I've been stuck at this weight for three weeks.
That is what is happening to me. I will drop 2-3 pounds and just sit at that same weight for weeks and weeks. I have terrible eating habits, and it's sad to admit that my eating habits are worse when my husband is around. When he is out of town, I don't eat that much. Oh, and then there is the week before the monthly thing - food choices are thrown out the window - just give me chocolate. Better yet - ship me to Hershey, PA for the week.
So, here are the goals I had set for myself about 6-9 months ago.
1. get to the 200 pound mark and have dinner at OutBack Steakhouse. We went there for new year's and it was awful...very busy and I didn't get what I thought I had ordered. We went back again a few weeks later, and it was better, but it was not a celebratory event. I think I'll change this to the cheesecake factory. G and I had the best date night there one time...we sat at the bar area and ordered appetizers and wine and cheesecake. I want to relive that again. So new goal - reach One-derland, and celebrate with a trip to C.F.
2. Reach goal weight of 170 (yeah, I'll be in about a size 8-10 and look nearly anorexic), and get a new digital SLR camera. Seems this would be a huge motivator b/c I really do not like my little Sony. It's slow and by the time it's ready to take a picture, the moment is over.
I'll get the man to take a photo of me and we'll consider that my before photo. I'm going to do this with diet modifications and ramp up my exercise routine. This will work this time. If I can lose 10 pounds by the end of May, then I will know I'm on the right track.
4 comments:
YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!! As for the eating..the only help I can give is to not deprive yourself, but limit yourself. It's all about portions. I actually lost a few pounds when I started eating less at dinner. Of course, that's out the window right now, but I have faith in you and know you can do it!!
I will start a cheerleading team!!!
GO CRYSTAL!!!!
RAH RAH RAH!!!!!!
I'll join the cheerleading team! Go Crystal! Go Crystal! Maybe all this ceering will help me drop some weight too!
Crystal, I am proud of you! Keep it up!
Post a Comment