Wednesday, August 6, 2008

L lost his first tooth!

Okay, so about 3 weeks ago, the boys were playing around and L had Blue Baby in his mouth, and R pulled on it quite hard. L's lower middle tooth was fairly lose after that incident. Can't do anything about that. L adapted and learned to chew on one side of his mouth avoiding biting into anything with the front teeth. This morning, on the way to gym, (where else do we go?) the boys were having a snack and L blurts out..."mommy it came out."


What came out?


My tooth?


Really?


Yeah, here. (what am I going to do with a baby tooth while I'm driving down the road?)


You hold onto it real tight, babe, and we'll put it somewhere when we get to the gym.


Now, L is in great despair, "IT'S BLEEDING!!!"


The tooth? - wait, no it must be the hole. So I grab a towel and hand it to him to bit down on. At this point, he's begging me to go back home and then says he wants to stay in the car. Poor child just lost a part of his body and doesn't want anyone to see.


So we get to gym and I get out of the car to assess the situation. And what do I find, a big boy tooth right behind the hole. Well, I made such a big deal of out the new tooth that L was quite proud of himself. He told me he can eat normally now. Very exciting stuff. And really, this explains why he's been so cranky for the past week! We'll have to remember this next time a tooth is loose.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! Way to go L!!

McKt said...

Wow, what a big boy thing to have happen!

The Keoughs said...

oh--i wish i had seen that today!!