I took the boys to the McWane Center this morning. We spent 4 hours playing and learning, snacking and watching other kids....lots of other kids. Oh, I almost forget, we watched our first IMAX movie - the Grand Canyon. Although it was more of a plug for a writers book about the disappearing Colorado River, as all IMAX movies go, the scenary was fabulous. L was a bit scared at first, R was amazed and soaking everything in. We lasted 30 minutes, then had to head back out to play.
The boys really enjoyed the Itty Bitty Magic City exhibit, where they played with air tubes, trains, a light up peg board and a huge piano that they could walk on, among other things. Perhaps the best part was pushing the shopping carts around with pretend food. And with that comes the best part of my day.
While sitting w/L in bed - part of our nightly routine is lights out and then we just talk about stuff until he falls asleep, he looks at me and says, " When I close my eyes I see pictures in my head.”
“What kind of pictures?” I ask.
“Pictures of me and R pushing the carts with food at….what was that place we went today?”
“The McWane Center.”
“Pictures of me and R pushing the carts with food at wane center," he replies.
I told him to close his eyes and look at the other nice pictures that he sees. It was my first glimpse into the mind of my 4 year old. I know that he remembers everything he does and the places he goes, the things he sees, but tonight he let me into his world. Priceless.
1 comment:
we love the itty bitty city, too!!
what a cute little ritual! precious!
Post a Comment