Thursday, January 15, 2009

Happy New Year

Seriously? It's been more than a month since I added anything? I just opened the curtains in the green room and it's a beautiful day outside; and cold (32 degrees). And then I knocked over the bucket of Legos. Guess what I get to do.

So let's get this thing updated.
G: got a promotion and he's now the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager for three production plants and 17 distribution centers (I think that's right). So he travels. I resent that he travels, but it's what he does, so I have to find my happy place about him being gone, and learn to spend quality time with the boys. Not to mention, quality time with myself, so I'll probably need to get off the computer once in a while. Oh back to G: he's also doing so great on his weight loss journey. He's so lucky to get to go shopping in his closet! He's even luckier to be going shopping for smaller clothes! I know that he is overloaded at work, but he always manages to keep his composure about everything and just goes along with whatever it takes.

L: He and I will butt heads as long as we are alive. He is doing fantastic in school, but sometimes doesn't want to go. Who does, really? He's up to 50+ pounds and at 5 years old, is wearing a size 6-7. He still loves trains, jumping on the trampoline, running, wearing jammies, cooking, and is now into playing catch and soccer. We have enrolled him in a spring soccer league. I love the fact that he still laughs at Little Bear , Maggie and the Ferocious Beast and other toddler shows on Noggin, even though he's seen the same shows hundred of times. Everywhere he goes, he ends up with a girlfriend; he always has one girl in school that latches onto him, and he'll pick up a few chicks on the playground or the playplace at Chick-fil-A. Ah, the short-lived romance.

R: Is there such a thing as too much affection? This child loves to hug, snuggle and be held. He likes to rub his face on yours and press his cheeks into yours. He also likes to climb, hop, bounce, be held upside down and throw random punches for no reason at his brother...then come crying when brother hits him back. He also loves trains, trucks, jumping on the trampoline, helping me cook, snuggling, sugar, hugging and more sugar. Put this child in a candy factory and he'll be in pure bliss.

My boys are brothers through and through. Two peas in a pod, but those peas better not touch, and the pod will never be big enough. They put their whole body into it when they laugh and when they cry, and they are fiercly competitive with each other. Thank goodness L is learning the art of compromise and negotiation (only in his favor for now). Their favorite meal is chicken and fries but they also love comfort food like grilled cheese and tomato soup. And they always come and snuggle in bed with us in the morning before we start our day. They are my complete pain and all encompassing joy.

Me: I have a lot of "issues" to work through esp that of finding the lemonade or silver lining or whatever when things don't quite work out. I have lofty goals for this year, but the year hasn't started out the way I had planned. I got sick and then ended up with a burst eardrum. That has set me back two weeks on my fitness goals. I have lost about 6 pounds b/c I've been too dizzy and sick to my stomach, and my jeans are hanging off of me, but the next smaller size is just a tad too tight. I've never been the best homemaker since having R, but I'm finding that it's a full time job to keep the house organized and at least picked up and a little less cluttered. I'll never like cleaning toilets. And it's even more of a pain because little boys pee everywhere, so I get to remove the lid to get the smell completely gone. ugh!

I'm still teaching BodyPump and will strive to kick up the cardio by spinning and maybe some other classes. It's a lot of work to keep my class fresh and mix up songs and routines week to week, but the adrenaline rush is amazing. And people are noticing the change in my legs. Look out shorts! I plan to scrapbook more this year, and tap into my creative side. And then there are two trips home, a trip to the beach or we may take the kids to Chicago, a camping trip, a quick weekend in Atlanta and that may just break the bank. Oh, speaking of banks...this is supposed to be the year that we seriously dig ourselves out of debt. Mama needs a new car, our house needs painted, etc.

So there's were we've been and a little of where we are going.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can do everything you set out to do. Just remember to cut yourself some slack :o)