Saturday, December 6, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness

L and I went to a birthday party this evening. Afterwards, we stopped at Chick-fil-a for dinner to take home. When it was our turn to pay, the lady at the window said, "the people in front of you just paid for your dinner."

"On accident?!" I exclaimed.

"No, they just wanted to," she replied.

At that, I looked over to the gray SUV driving past and waved emphatically and they waived back. I was moved to tears. And I looked over at L and told him that God is so very good to all of us, and we thanked God for that random act of kindness.

Halfway home I realized that I should have paid for the meal of the people behind me. I'll be sure to pay it forward the next opportunity I get.

3 comments:

The Keoughs said...

Hey Crystal....wanna go to lunch today? you pick the place and i'll follow you!!!!!

That is so great.

Crystal said...

You're so funny in the morning!

Sherry said...

Hahahahahaaaa!!!