Tuesday, April 29, 2008

He knows what you need...

...before you even ask.

I’ve been having some issues dealing with L lately and it’s come to a head the past several days…not to mention I’ve also been PMSing…..So tonight, R was having trouble getting to sleep, so I go up to his room (this is after Daddy had let him scream for quite a while and then went to the shower), and sat at the foot of R’s bed and started praying. I wasn’t real sure what I needed and was going through several bible Books in my mind searching for just the right one to start with, and finally asked for help. I didn’t even get it all out when 1 Corinthians jumped out at me. "Okay", I said, "I’ll read 1 Corinthians. Thank you."

So I come downstairs, open my Mom's Devotional Bible (it’s an NIV version) and here’s what the intro says, “In 1 Corinthians, mothers encounter God’s perspective for correcting behavioral problems. Mothers can use these guidelines to help our children learn right from wrong. Whenever possible, we moms should explain the reasons for our rules, just as Paul gave explanations to the Corinthians. Our young children may not fully understand our reasons, but they will see that we are trying to be fair, and they will find it easier to trust and then obey.” And then I sobbed. He knows what you need before you even ask. Amen!!!

Think he'll help me figure out how to balance my checkbook? Seems I have forgotten how.

3 comments:

McKt said...

Amen, Sister! "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 All our answers are in His Word, if we are only faithful to seek Him out.

Sherry said...

You're talking my language, sista!

Before a word is even on my tongue, Oh LORD, You know it altogether! Psalm 139:4

Praise Him for that!!

BlessedMom said...

It's amazing the answers you'll receive from Him when you really listen!! What a great moment for you!